With the Field project I am now trying out printing as a medium. The first process of print we used was monoprinting. In this first print I wanted to keep at simple and only create the study using a pencil to make marks in the ink, to keep it as a black background with white lines. I used these 3 studies from Pembrokshire combined to create a collage of lines.
This is the finished product. It is reversed so it difficult to see the original studies within it but I like the combination between the singular lines which show the silhouette of a landscape, and the 3-Dimensional shapes of the cliffs. For the space at the top which is the sea, i used a paint brush to create a texture that resembles crashing water. I am excited to produce more pieces in this process, trying out varying mark making technique and maybe even colour.